Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Got Happiness?

In an interesting article on the pursuit of the warm and fuzzy feeling, the book the Happiness Project and the myriad of conversations that have ensued from this book have piqued my attention.  I haven't read the book, but have heard quite a bit of buzz about it.  In our economically stressed time, full of war and uncertainty, seeking long-lasting and authentic happiness has become a popular pursuit.  I think this a great thing, as it is challenges many of our cultural assumptions that money/possessions=happiness... When in fact, that happiness is often short-lived and difficult to maintain.  There is something about spirituality and faith that I think is intrinsically tied to this pursuit of happiness and fulfillment.  Without a sense of community and deeper purpose, I think we often feel fragmented and disconnected.  How do you find happiness?  That deep-seated sense of fulfillment that permeates your entire being? 
I think I might add this book to my reading list...  I need to figure out what all the buzz is about!

2 comments:

  1. I just read it! You can borrow it and I think you will enjoy it, I totally think you are on to something with faith and spirituality being intrinsically tied to happiness and the book definitely promotes the idea that happiness is personal and we all find it in different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I think we are the same person. :) I'd love to borrow it... get back to PA already, please!!!

    ReplyDelete